Thursday, March 10, 2016

HANGUK BBQ HOUSE

'Sup, guys! How ya'll doin'?



I don't know if this next post is related to Kpop or nah but it's about a Korean restaurant here in Vigan, Ilocos Sur. As most people in my life know, I don't eat vegetables. At all. It's not that I hate them, they just don't sit well with my taste buds.

And as most people know as well, Korean meals include varieties of vegetables as their dishes. Which is scary because I've been daydreaming of the day that I can visit South Korea so how am I suppose to live there if I don't eat, right? (But that's beside the point)

This post is just my reaction - slash - review of eating in a Korean restaurant for the first time.




Me and my friends went after our final thesis defense (yes!) to eat lunch there and my Korean friend ordered two main dishes (I forgot the names though).

Looking inside, I thought it was pretty bare. I don't know if it's because it's a kinda new resto that's why it didn't have any designs or displays yet (just the blank, white walls, tables and chairs) or Korean BBQ restaurants are really just like that. But it's fine. It's not a downside or anything.

The food were brought to our table uncooked and they were cooked in front of us. It's kinda cool since I've been watching scenes like that in Korean dramas. It feels like the real thing.



Even though the prices were pretty beyond my reach, it's kinda worth it. Specially looking at our table with the colorful side dishes.




The side dishes were free by the way, which is a major plus.

The main dishes taste awesome. I had to stray away to the vegetables though. But I tasted a couple. And kimchi!



All in all, it's a very pleasant experience and I would very much like to return! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment